Medical Cleaning Melbourne
Medical Centre Cleaning in Melbourne
Keeping the premises clean is a crucial component of running any hospital. In Australia, national guidelines to support the control and prevention of infection in healthcare. However, as many studies have shown, many hospitals around the country fail to abide by these guidelines.
Some medical centres in Melbourne simply need some help to keep their buildings clean. That’s where Storm International comes into play. By working with a medical centre cleaning service, hospital officials can keep operational levels high while not worrying about the health of their patients and complying with regulations.
Why Medical Cleaning?
Cleaning has two major functions. First, it makes spaces look nice and sparkly. The appearance of a business is very important. The second is to sanitize. Not all good-looking areas are clean and disinfected.
In medical cleaning, the whole medical centre must be both clean and disinfected. Keeping your facility clean will not only give your patients peace of mind, but it will also protect both patients and staff from the spread of any illness.
Medical cleaning in Melbourne is different from commercial cleaning. Schools, banks, and offices have their dirt, grease, and spills cleaned commercially. On the other hand, hospitals with dangerous pathogens are medically cleaned. Body fluids, saline, and other infectious wastes must be dealt with separately.
Terminal cleaning is used in healthcare environments to control and break the chain of infection. Any hospital or health facility should not be a breeding ground for infection. This requires intensive training of professionals to distinguish between cleaning and disinfecting.
Cleaning means removing dirt and allergens from a surface while disinfecting destroys bacteria. Pesticides are known to be disinfectants that control the spread of bacteria and viruses.
Why is Medical Centre Cleaning Important?
The medical centre is a facility that brings together health practitioners, researchers and administrators to provide healthcare services to the community. Because medical centres are generally open for extended hours, they can be susceptible to acquiring dirt and germs over time without proper facilities in place to clean the area on schedule.
In an ideal situation, hospital environmental hygiene should follow the WHO’s “Clean Care is Safer Care” model, established back in 2005. More than 180 countries around the world comply with this model. At the core of medical centre cleaning, are practices that reduce the risk of infection among patients, medical staff and visitors. These include, but are not limited to:
- Disinfection and sterilization to eliminate or minimize biological contaminants such as bacteria and viruses.
- Reduction in environmental surfaces that come into contact with sick people or their belongings.
- Protection of medical equipment from contamination by ensuring it’s free from dust and dirt through regular servicing and maintenance.
Why do you need to hire medical cleaners for your facility?
- Professional and consistent cleaning. They have the required skills, trained staff, and the required tools and equipment to clean and sterilize any area. They diligently follow industry cleaning standards set by medical offices. When you hire medical cleaners in Melbourne, you will be assured that you are not violating any healthcare violations while providing a safe environment for your staff and patients.
- Clean and sterile surroundings. A sanitised medical facility lessens the spread rate of illnesses that pass from person to person. The productivity of your staff will be increased since the environment they work in is clean and sanitised.
- Reputation. Any patient will expect that the hospital or healthcare facility they are in is equipped with the amenities for them to get better. A clean and sanitised facility will spread a good reputation and attract patients.
It is important to have a checklist before cleaning and disinfecting. The following are just a few examples that need to be sterilized using approved hospital-grade disinfectants:
- All sides of the bed, mattress, frame, footboard, side rails
- Tabletops, bedside drawer, telephone, armchairs, cabinets, sink, light switches, IV, door
- Remote control
- Nurse call device
- Walls, ceilings, bathrooms
You should outsource your medical cleaning for the following reasons:
- Professional cleaners are familiar with government health regulations
- Cleaning processes are updated because of ongoing staff education
- They have leading quality equipment
- Your facility will be ready for inspection at any time
Hiring a medical cleaning service like Storm International in Melbourne will clean your facility the right way. This will keep your centre healthy in addition to getting patient satisfaction scores high in your surveys. You can focus on the health and safety of your patients and staff while leaving the cleaning and disinfecting to the experts.
Cleaning Standards Set by the Federal and State Government
In Australia, healthcare facilities are expected to follow guidelines as outlined by the Federal and State governments. For example, The Australian Government Department of Health has a comprehensive list of standards that should be adhered to at all times during medical centre cleaning in Melbourne. These standards include:
- Creating a safe working environment, free from hazards and potential risks.
- Drawing up written guidelines to support the implementation of medical centre cleaning routines.
- Regularly checking all equipment used in the course of a medical centre cleaning for cleanliness and serviceability.
- Allocating responsibility for managing daily tasks involved with medical centre cleaning so that they don’t fall between administrative cracks.
The cleanliness of all facilities in Australias is evaluated rigorously. You have multiple standards and surveys that evaluate just how tidy and clean your medical centre is. Some of these include:
- The National Safety and Quality Service standard, which assesses the facility cleanliness.
- The Victorian Healthcare Experience Survey, which shows how satisfied your patients are with your facility.
- The Royal Australian College of General Practitioners standard, which examines the risk of infection of your patients
Our team members and higherups at Storm International are all familiar with all of these standards. All of our cleaners are certified in Cleaning & Disinfection Processes. Complying with Australian standards is a major concern for us. With Storm International, you’ll never have to sweat about meeting the abovementioned standards.
How Important is it to have Medical Cleaning by Certified Cleaners in Melbourne?
Running a healthcare centre is not as simple as running any business. The health and safety of your staff and patients is our number one priority. You need to keep the premises clean and sanitized to avoid the spread of illnesses. Medical cleaning in Melbourne is easy since you can always hire certified medical cleaners from Storm International.
Their highly trained cleaners have the best quality cleaning products to clean and disinfect your medical centre from top to bottom. What is included in the medical cleaning package? Carpets, blinds and curtains, garbage removal, floors, couches, medical equipment, doctor’s offices, toilet and bathroom, reception area, furniture, etc.
How important is it to have medical cleaning by certified cleaners in Melbourne?
- Enhances productivity. Your staff will be motivated to work more efficiently since they are working in a well-sanitised and hygienic environment. Employee performance is directly proportional to the well-being of the surroundings, according to recent research.
- Saves Time and Money. Professional cleaners do their job easily in a short amount of time and do it more accurately. They can clean while your staff is performing office duties. The time saved can be used to perform other tasks. There will be no need to buy the cleaning equipment. There is no need to have your staff attend training.
- Professional Image. Medical cleaning in Melbourne will help you present a professional image of your medical centre. This will help you attract patients as well. A clean and sanitised office provides a good impression and will keep your patients at peace. Having a filthy office space is a huge no, especially regarding healthcare facilities.
- The well-being of your Employees. Cleanliness works in correlation with well-being. As a business owner, the health of your employees is your main responsibility. Hiring medical cleaning services will greatly reduce the risk of the spread of illnesses in common areas such as bathrooms, meeting rooms, kitchens, and other equipment.
- Positive Work Environment. Employees can concentrate better when their office environment is clean. Moods are elevated, and the overall morale of employees is boosted. They will feel more relaxed. They can focus more on their respective duties and responsibilities.
Medical cleaning service providers must be aware of the cleaning standards set by the Federal and State Governments. The environmental cleanliness of your health facility will be appraised through certification to the National Safety and Quality Health Service (NHQHS) standards and patient-reported cleanliness through the Victorian healthcare experience survey.
Storm International’s cleaning schedule ensures your medical centre is sanitary enough to control and minimise the potentially harmful micro-organisms left behind by sick patients while meeting the above standards.
Similarly, they are familiar with the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP) Infection and Control Standards Guide and Policy on the use of PPE where there is contact with blood or body fluids with a high risk of contamination.
All of their cleaners are certified in Cleaning & Disinfection Processes and Infection Control & Prevention, protecting you, your patients, and your staff.
Compliance is a priority in medical cleaning, and with Storm International, you are in safe hands.
Why Choose Storm International?
Unlike many cleaning services out there, the Storm International team is dedicated to helping medical professionals create a clean environment for themselves and their patients. We’ve spent nearly five decades in the cleaning industry, working with businesses throughout Melbourne and surrounding areas.
When you choose Storm International for medical centre cleaning in Melbourne, you get a range of benefits, including:
A medical centre environment where your patients stay healthy due to effective disinfection/sterilisation procedures.
Our products kill germs without harming human health.
Availability of medical centre cleaning 365 days a year, including on public holidays.
We can provide medical centre cleaning on weekends to fit your schedule if it’s more convenient for you. Furthermore, we can provide medical centre commercial cleaning services at any time of the day or night, so you never have to worry about finances when you clean with us.
A medical centre environment where your patients are happy because their health is not being compromised due to exposure to dirt and germs through poor hygiene conditions. There will be no hairline cracks anywhere – even in difficult areas that are hard to get into – thanks to Storm International’s ability to deliver medical centre floor refinishing Melbourne.
If your facility is not properly cleaned, you will see an array of problems that might include dropped linens, overturned trash cans or even dirty trolleys meant to deliver medical equipment. All these issues pose a significant health risk.
Some of the most common infections in medical centres are urinary tract infections, respiratory infections and fungal infections, among others. With Storm International’s medical centre commercial cleaning services, you can rest assured knowing that all these problems have been taken care of so you can keep your focus on taking care of patients who need your help.
Medical Centre Cleaning Services - What We Can Offer You!
At Storm International, our range of medical centre commercial cleaning services has been designed to protect both staff members and visitors from dirt, germs and other pathogens that are commonly found in the facility.
We understand the importance of keeping your medical centre clean to avoid conditions associated with poor hygiene at all costs, including hospital-acquired infections which can significantly increase workloads for staff members.
We offer a wide range of medical centre commercial cleaning services, including:
- Floorcare uses advanced methods to ensure dirt does not settle on floors between professional cleanings. Our floor care includes stripping, waxing and buffing damaged floors as well as polishing them to restore shine.
- Carpet treatment that kills dust mites and eliminates odours.
- Disinfection so your patients are safe from germs. Storm International’s disinfectants are EPA registered and they kill germs and bacteria on surfaces.
- Daily, weekly and monthly medical centre commercial cleaning services that can be tailored to suit your location’s needs if you choose our flexible program.
Benefits of Using Storm International Services
There are many benefits to using Storm International’s medical centre cleaning services, including:
Our expert staff delivers quality results every time they clean your medical facility. We work with you to understand your specific needs so we can deliver an effective commercial cleaning process that meets your expectations.
All our staff members have been vetted through police checks and are trained in First Aid training. You can rest assured knowing that everyone who works on the premises has undergone proper vetting procedures designed to protect you and all other visitors from harm.
We are committed to reducing costs without compromising service performance. Through Storm International, you get value for money because our rates are competitive while the high quality of our work speaks for itself.
Storm International has state of the art equipment that ensures your medical facility is safe. We use environmentally friendly products because we care about the health of all our customers, including patients.
What Our Professional Team Can Achieve
When you start working with Storm International, we become a team. All of your business goals are now our goals as well. We’re here to help you find a way to achieve these goals in a quick, and cost-effective manner.
What do we do better than other cleaning services in Melbourne?
- We Provide Better Training: Storm International’s professional staff members are trained to provide medical centre commercial cleaning in Melbourne. We invest our time and resources to make sure they not only understand the best practices used in all aspects of medical centre commercial cleaning but that they can also tailor their actions depending on individual requirements.
- We Fight Cross-Contamination: Our services involve continuous training and we take great care to make sure that the techniques we use do not lead to cross-contamination. Our workers change microfiber cloths and mops frequently, to prevent germs from spreading across the facility.
- We Work With Green Products: Storm International is dedicated to using eco-friendly products, because we care about the health of all our customers, including patients. Storm’s disinfectants are EPA registered and they kill germs and bacteria on surfaces.
- We Are Better at Carpet Treatment: Other companies are less experienced at treating carpets because the methods they use are outdated. Storm International’s carpet treatment is effective, fast and our equipment is state of the art. This means we kill dust mites and eliminate odours, so you can keep your medical centre in pristine condition.
- We Operate 100% Securely: Storm International’s staff members undergo police checks and they also complete First Aid training. This means you can rest assured knowing that everyone who works on the premises is safe to be there.
- We Improve Your Air Quality: Storm International’s hospital cleaning services in Melbourne include the use of top-grade vacuums and purifiers to improve air quality. Our equipment is geared towards removing dust and allergens from your facility.
- We Are Certified: Storm International has certifications that prove we can provide you with commercial cleaning services of the highest standard, including a certificate from CARP, a veteran association representing commercial cleaners throughout Australia.
- We Simply Deliver Better Results: Storm International’s cleaning team is trained in all aspects of medical office cleaning in Melbourne and they know how to contribute through consistent application of best practices. From the moment you sign up with us, we begin working towards a well-managed, hygienic environment where patients and staff members feel comfortable at all times.
Contact Storm International for Medical Cleaning!
Storm International has been delivering exceptional medical centre floor refinishing Melbourne since the 1980s. We have more than 40 years of experience helping businesses across Australia get rid of dirt and maintain a hygienic environment for their customers.
If you want the best results when it comes to cleanliness, there is no better choice than choosing Storm International for all your medical centre cleaning requirements in Melbourne.
For more information on childcare, nursing homes, and healthcare cleaning, contact us today. We are available for a free quote 24/7. Whatever your cleaning needs are, our cleaning staff help you maintain peace of mind by keeping your medical clinic spotless.